Friday, May 29, 2009

Welcome to Video Massacre

Greetings! I have created this blog in order to review overlooked horror films. I am a huge horror fan who recently acquired a large collection of horror movies from a video store that was going out of business. The movies were selling for 50 cents a piece so my husband and I just grabbed anything with a horror label. The great thing is that the majority of films are from the 1980's (in my opinion the best decade for horror films yet) with a few dating the 1970's or 90's. I have been a horror fan since I was introduced to the genre at age 6 with the movie Witchboard starring Tawney Kitaen (remember the gorgeous redhead from the White Snake videos). I hope that I can provide a service to all other horror fans out there who are looking to view something non-mainstream in the genre. Don't get me wrong, I love new horror films as well but it is so much fun to come across movies you may have never heard of and weed out the good from the bad. Lets face it, when it comes to the horror genre-the really awful movies are even fun to watch. So, I hope you will read and watch along with me as I unearth some treasures & rotten tomatoes. If you agree or disagree with any of my reviews-please let me know! Oh, by the way, I may throw in some reviews of horror-movie soundtracks as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment